£18 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
4 months ago
3 months +
Our Client is an award winning privately owned Civil Engineering Consultancy, due to an increase in workload an opportunity has arisen for a GIS Technician to join their gteam on a contract basis.
The post holder will assist with delivery of work programs, the work is fast paced and is multi-disciplined.
The general qualities we are looking for are as follows:
- To assist with planning and project management a range of footway and carriageway maintenance schemes from patching to full reconstruction works
- Using GIS software to update highway asset information; production of GIS Plans (land ownership, access, utility locations and legal plans)
- Obtain and manage data from other sources including the Land Registry & Ordnance Survey
- Check estimates and accuracy of accounts before payment
- Budget monitoring capabilities
- General Office duties
- Highway and / or construction industry practices experience;
- They have must some experience of civil engineering infrastructure (footpaths, road layouts, road hierarchy, excavations, utility services, statutory undertakings, HSE, Chapter 8 etc)
- QGIS – able to drill down using the application, import data, mapping, adding attributes (essential)
- MS Excel (intermediary level competence)
- Previously worked in office based roles (essential)
- Working Mon - Fri 37 hrs
- Post is office based – COVID working practices are in place and will be shared with candidates prior to attending face to face interview
- 3 month contract, possibly longer - immediate start.
- Role based in Stockport - candidate must live locally.
- Rate £18 (inside IR35).
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.