£40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
4 months ago
Our Client is a global leader specialising in public transport infrastructure Their projects include high-speed systems, traditional rail lines, metros and tramways throughout the world.
They currently have an opportunity for an experienced Bridge inspection and assessment Engineer to join the Bridges teams in York or Manchester, where you would be responsible for leading inspection for assessment surveys, and the completion of structure assessments. Undertake the mentoring of less experienced bridge design team graduates and technicians.
- Take responsibility for the Preparation of bridge inspection and assessment.
- Prepare reports and calculations in line with Network Rail standards.
- Plan and deliver bridge surveys and inspections including recording of all relevant information
- Complete bridge assessment calculation and reporting.
- Manage delivery of projects – take responsibility for budget and resource deployment on projects.
- Where required take responsibility for project delivery to agreed budgets.
- Where required prepare estimates for work items.
- Identify scope change items.
- Manage resources at a project level to ensure utilisation and productivity is maintained
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Experience of planning and undertaking structure survey and inspection within a rail environment, STE4 competence is essential
- Experience of Network Rail bridge assessment and reporting practice
- Actively working towards Professional qualification
- Ability to work in a collaborative multi-discipline design team
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision and provide support and mentoring to others
- Ability to travel to client sites and other offices will be required
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.