Temporary to permanent opportunity
+44 (0)151 666 8922
5 months ago
My client are currently looking for an Electrical Craftsman/ Craftsperson to join their site team in Doncaster. The client are a leading pipeline operator servicing military facilities and main airports across the United Kingdom
The Electrical Craftsman/ Craftsperson will undertake the day to day electrical maintenance and testing on the Pipeline System as directed by the maintenance specialist. They will liaise with the relevant technical departments, in the resolution of defects, changes in the operation of specific plant items or to provide information in response to maintenance alerts.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking maintenance of LV distribution small power and lighting, emergency lighting and fire alarm testing
- Electrical periodic inspection and testing to BS 7671 and BS 60079 including Hazardous area electrical inspection and testing work
- Assisting sub-contractors for emergent work or professional surveys
- Attending to call-outs in accordance with local arrangements.
- Ensuring all tasks carried out conform to company policies, procedures and systems
- Updating computer maintenance management system
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping to ensure that all facilities, plant and equipment are maintained in an efficient working manner
- Undergoing any training I re-training that may be required to ensure that the requirements of procedures, the client and statutory regulations are met
- Be responsible, regardless of position, for the health, safety and security of yourself, colleagues and customers in accordance with business and HSEQ principles
- Comply with the Values and Fundamental Principles of the Group
- Working to standard, procedures and work instructions for Safety Critical tasks in order to meet COMAH requirements.
This role is a mobile one, covering a group of sites across the Pipeline network, so you must be prepared to travel as part of your working day. A company van will be issued to you for this purpose.
Assessment of Competency will form an ongoing part of this role.
The ideal applicant will be:
- A time served Electrical Craftsperson
- CompEx, 2394 and 2395 and 17th Edition IEE Regulations.BS7671 qualified
- Have experience in COMAH environments
- Have experience in a maintenance role within a petrochemical or process industry environment
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.