£50000 - £60000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
26 days ago
Flint, Holywell, Deeside, Connahs Quay, Chester, Wirral, North Wales, North West
A leading FMCG Food Manufacturer is seeking an Engineering Manager to play an integral part in the leadership team, supporting plant manufacturing, operations, and projects with prime responsibility for developing and achieving engineering targets. The role will also have direct involvement for executing the site CAPEX plan and be expected to manage engineering development initiatives.
Engineering Manager, Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Liaising closely with colleagues, reports and senior team to ensure synergy through multi-functional departments whilst proactively contributing to creating a good site wide team atmosphere.
- Provide leadership in all health and safety policies and procedures. Enforce safe behaviours, the highest work standards and compliance with legislative standards.
- Develop, submit & control the approved annual engineering budget whilst tracking monthly ensuring early predicting any exceptional expenditure items with agreed pathway.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training resource requirements of the engineering team to develop skills and knowledge.
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Practices are adhered to across both sourcing of all assets and also the operation, repair and maintenance of plant and buildings.
- Influence all aspects of site management to ensure quality of service and products meet required levels of customer satisfaction.
- Increase site operational effectiveness, working seamlessly with the Production and Technical teams to reduce downtime, improving OEE and maintain GMP standards.
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximise efficient productivity.
- Manage and Control engineering inventory, ensuring adequate stock of critical spares and control of non-essential items.
You will be an Engineering professional with a minimum of 5 years experience in an Engineering management level role. You will have strong leadership and management skills with a strong history of achievement within a leadership position. FMCG or Food Manufacturing Experience is highly desirable.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.