+44 (0)151 666 8929
9 months ago
(Location: Thanckes, Torpoint, Cornwall)
The role: An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and driven Mechanical Project Engineer to join our Capital Projects team based on site at our Oil Fuel Depot at Thanckes, Torpoint, Cornwall.
Working as part of the Capital Projects team, you will be involved in the delivery of projects totalling over £200m. This role has responsibility for managing a number of Mechanical Engineering tasks within the Capital Projects department, running multiple associated engineering works at any one time.
Acting as Mechanical Lead for the Capital Projects team, and working alongside the Company Mechanical Technical Authority, this role entails overseeing professional contract engineers or consultant companies, who conduct engineering activities on various Capital Projects on behalf of the organisation.
- Ensure Mechanical Engineering activities within Capital Projects are completed and are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Plan and manage the programme of works for Mechanical tasks associated with Capital Projects delivery in line with company standards and relevant UK / European legislation.
- Produce detailed programme of works/Gantt charts etc.
- Provide budget proposals for Project spends and work collaboratively with Finance to provide management information for monthly reporting.
- Develop Mechanical scopes of work.
- Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
You will be experienced in works onshore and bulk storage fuel tanks, with a thorough understanding of the latest codes and standards. Experience in all phases of design and construction is also highly advantageous.
As well as previous experience of managing multiple site works in a Client Engineer Role, you will have the ability to build strong credible working relationships with all internal stakeholders and in particular HSEQ, other Engineering colleagues, as well as with external stakeholders including our O&M Contractor, HSE, EA and our MOD Sponsors. As there will be some occasional travel involved candidates will need a full (preferably clean) driving licence.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.