£30000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8968
7 months ago
As soon as possible
£30 – 35,000
Based in Ayrshire
Commutable from Glasgow, West Kilbride, Kilmarnock, East Kilbride, Irvine, Troon, Ayr, Cumnock, Paisley
A successful long established multinational business is looking to appoint a Senior Analytical Chemist to their site in Ayrshire. The successful candidate will have strong experience in GC-MS and ICP-MS together with at least 5 years industry experience following a minimum of a BSc in Chemistry.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out analytical methods and SOPs without supervision to a high level of accuracy, ensuring that an effective and high quality analytical service is provided to meet deadlines
- Carry out method development and validation within the laboratory including GCMS, ICPMS, Ion Chromatography (IC)
- Take part in Audits as and when required
- Performing testing of samples utilising GC-MS, ICP-MS and Ion Chromatography (IC).
- Maintain up to date Laboratory records including the use of LIMS
- Analysing data and checking results on a daily basis
- Taking any training as necessary for further development and to ensure the successful candidate is up to date on the latest methods
- Provide advice and support to the more junior members of staff
- Maintain and calibrate Laboratory equipment and organise any visits by service engineers as and when required
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.