£43400 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
11 months ago
This is a development role, ideal for individuals who aspire to progress within Engineering supervision/management.
4on, 4off – (2 blocks of each)
6am-6pm / 6pm-6am
- To support the Engineering Shift Manager with achieving the day to day department priorities and work load.
- To take a lead within the shift engineers team and help drive the maintenance plan.
- To help maintain the department H&S standards at all times.
- To assist with all aspects of contractor control, including PTW’s, authorising risk assessments/method statements and general contractor supervision.
- To become fully conversant with the correct procedures in the event of an incident or Emergency and take a lead role in the absence of the Shift Engineering Manager.
- To carry out specific plant improvement projects when required.
- To support the Shift Engineering Manager with driving identified improvement actions in the shift teams designated areas of responsibility.
- To become fully conversant with all Engineering H&S management systems on site, including Electricity at Work (fixed plant and portable appliance testing), Gas safety, Legionella control, COSHH, PUWER, and Asbestos management.
- To carry out food safety related investigations when required, following customer complaints, internal factory incidents etc.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of business performance by achieving personal and site objectives and contributing to cross functional objectives if required.
- To liaise with the Engineering Stores staff to ensure services and spares availability is maintained to a high level.
- To become familiar with normal providers of spares and services to ensure business continuity is best maximised following faults and breakdowns.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.