£30 - £45 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8999
LF - CAD Dungeness
over 1 year ago
Key Responsibilities include:
The CAD Designer is responsible for producing 3D models and 2D drawings in Site Engineering Team (SET) within the quality standards of the Project, while interfacing with the relevant stakeholders to perform the work allocated.
The CAD Designer will be supporting the design change management during the construction and collecting and consolidating information from the site contractors, in order to issue As-Built models or drawings for the Client organisation.
Nature and Scope:
The Design is delivered by designers and accepted by the technical lead in our Client organisation. Once accepted, the design is released to site for construction and to Site Engineering to manage any design changes raised by the construction contractor on site.
Being part of our clients Engineering Directorate and working on a day to day basis on site with our clients Construction Team, Site Engineering Team (SET) is responsible for managing design changes as well as for reviewing and accepting some site-specific design documents. When deemed necessary, design issues are forward to designer representative sitting on site for resolution.
Site Engineering Team (SET) is also responsible for management of the site construction configuration and for the issuance of As-Built information for the Clients.
The sites As-Built are a revised set of deliverables, defined as 3D Models or 2D Drawings, handed over to the Client upon completion of a project or a consistent part of a programme. Site contractors provide redlined 2D drawings and client updates the related 3D model. They are a representation of the works undertaken incorporating all changes made outside construction tolerances during the construction or the commissioning process. They show with regard to construction tolerance the constructed dimensions, geometry, and location of all elements of the work completed under the contract.
The Designer remains responsible for the design and the site construction contractor is responsible for the implementation of the design. The site construction contractor is required to provide as-built information on completion of its activities. This is consolidated with the design and accepted by the client before issuance.
- Produce 2D and 3D drawing and intelligent 3D models
- Print out limited numbers of drawings to facilitate a collaborative approach on site
- Collect information and consolidate it
- Comply with project quality procedure
- Be able to react to delays which could impact the overall programme
- Create details documented records and maintain them to ensure clarity of the process and outcomes
- Inform on the progress of the work allocated
- Help with the resolution of issues
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the site teams
- Identify issues and escalate to the manager
- Use SET model and drawing management system, tools and procedures
- Commit to use the project BIM standards
- Contribute to key milestones, risks and contingencies
- Develop and adapt theories to deliver project milestones
- Monitors progress against the plan
- Aware of process fundamentals, e.g. finance, business planning
- Contribute to departmental targets
- Ownership of the production of parts of technical documents, delivers works within deadline and of a high standard
- Produces graphics for documents which clearly illustrate the subject matter, contributing to clarity and shared understanding
- The ability to innovate and think laterally in delivering efficient and effective quality systems.
- Good judgement and decision making
- Enthusiasm, energy, passion and conviction
- Self-confident and assured
- Being honourable, trustworthy, fair and honest & respecting confidentiality
- Getting results and making things happen
- Ability to influence with both internal and external audiences as required
- Engaging and motivating others.
Educational Professional Qualifications Required
- Engineering Technician or higher education with relevant work experience
- Practical experience in design, drafting (both 2D and 3D) from working with a Design office
- Accuracy, tenacity, diplomacy, results-oriented
- Can work well both as a member of a team, as well as on his/her own
- Confident to use own initiative when and if required
- Good presentation skills
- Good communication/ interpersonal skills
- Discretion & able to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Experience of developing technical solutions, with design decisions validated through design interface
- Knowledge & experience of TEKLA software
- PDMS experience
- Good working knowledge and previous practical experience of UK BIM level 2 standards and procedures
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Experience of working in a fast pace engineering project environment
- Experience in the nuclear sector
- Experience in construction on site
- French language written & verbal
- 2D and 3D tools, such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Navisworks, Revit, etc.
- MS Office
- Must recognise the importance of nuclear safety and zero harm
- Security Clearance:
- BPSS level security clearance required
- Accepting Candidates: CAD Designers with Design Office experience preferably from within the Nuclear/Construction/Engineering sectors, we have multiple roles available across all disciplines.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.