0151 666 8981
8 months ago
I have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HSSE professional to join a leading provider of storage and logistical services to the Aviation and Marine industries.
My client’s infrastructures consist of a pipeline network of 2,000 kilometres, which represents 50% of the British pipeline network, and 13 storage facilities. Providing its services to several military facilities and some of the main airports in the United Kingdom, my client is the main fuel pipeline and storage facility network in that country.
The Head of HSSE will be responsible delivering Health & Safety, Process Safety, Environmental and Security and Risk management support and expertise to the business through the application of risk management tools as well as planning and delivering the strategic plan direction for HSSE by implementation of annual departmental initiatives to attain the business goals.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Reporting on the effective provision of technical risk management with a focus on process safety as it relates to tank storage and pipeline operations
- Developing and maintaining the COMAH Safety Reports for successful submission to the Competent Authority for all client controlled sites as well as managing CA intervention visits to sites within the network
- Monitoring Process Safety and Occupational Safety Performance through the development, maintenance and monitoring of PSPIs and KPIs
- Assisting in the selection of improved safety measures/barriers for engineering changes to the assets managed by the client
- Design, facilitate/conduct training for line management, company staff and third party partners, as appropriate
- Providing HSSE support to project teams where required; investigate technical queries and provide risk-based solutions
- Ensuring risk mitigation, safety and effectiveness of design and operations through legislative compliance; identification and management of risk factors and the principles of ALARP for COMAH sites
- Managing projects as part of continuous improvement initiatives and strategic plan delivery, providing leadership, financial compliance and status reports
- Providing cover as Duty Manager on a 24/7 rota based system for emergency response situations
- Relevant degree in engineering, science or technical subject
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Extensive experience in all aspects of process safety management and understanding of the regulatory aspects of MAHs as these relate to tank storage operations and COMAH regulatory requirements
- Significant experience in a senior health and safety management role in a high risk industry
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.