+44 (0)151 666 8929
8 months ago
To work within the process engineering team as an experienced 'intelligent' client authority on the capital projects and also as technical support for site operation I engineering activities to ensure efficient and reliable operation of tankage across the Oil Fuel Depot's operated and maintained by the company. Ensuring that all aspects of work are executed on time and to budget/estimates and in full compliance with company standards and UK I European legislation.
Reporting to the Lead Process Engineer, the Process Engineer will be experienced with tank farm design and ideally operations, within the oil industry. The Process Engineer will assist the Lead Process Engineer in developing narratives and back-up calculations for the items pertaining to product tank farm facilities that will be included in the operating and business plan.
Within the capital project team, they will have responsibility for providing guidance to appointed Sub-Contractors, reviewing the Contractor process technical output, undertaking process design reviews and providing feasibility I concept assistance for delivery of the capital projects. This could include, developing process engineering packages for engineering design changes in the tank farm, participating in HSE/HAZOP/ALARP/MOC and other compliance review for tank farm facilities.
Responsibilities may also include debottlenecking activities and maintenance engineering activities for the operational sites, including troubleshooting units associated with the tank farm and the Jetty. Overseeing professional contract engineers or consultant companies, who conduct engineering activities on behalf of organisation.
- Comply with The Fundamental Principles of the organisation in everyday activities.
- Promote process safety leadership as the core of companies culture.
- Be a key contributor to the Capital Projects Team to support the team to meet the project and team objectives.
- Ensure Process Engineering activities within Capital Projects delivery are completed and are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Consistently maintain a professional approach in day to day activities.
- Ensure effective and appropriate communication at all times.
- Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
- Work with the companies project management systems, procedures and workflows.
- Support the Lead Process Engineer to successfully delivery Process Engineering activities
- Plan and manage the programme of works for Process tasks associated with Capital Projects delivery in line with company standards and relevant and UK I European legislation.
- Develop process engineering scopes of work.
- Identify and develop required process standards
- Producing process designs and calculations
- Coordinate process design activities carried out by others
- Travel to different Oil Fuel Depots and Contractor site visits
- Review contractor budgets and forecasts for work.
- Identify and select suppliers in line with relevant legislation and Agency procedures.
- Experienced in designs for sites under COMAH, MOC, and COM regulations.
- Previous experience of working within MAH environments.
- Previous experience of managing of working on simultaneous projects.
- Manage documentation/data/records within document management systems.
- Apply the MOC process for the life cycle of the project.
- Ad hoc tasks on other projects as approved by the Line Manager
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.