£28000 - £30000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8935
about 2 months ago
Purpose Of Role
Responsible for ensuring that the Deeside office, depot and associated facilities are maintained in a safe operating manner, that the buildings are maintained to the highest possible standards, in accordance with legislation and best practice.
• To ensure that the office, depot and associated facilities are maintained to the highest possible standards at all times and that the building infrastructure and fabric are robustly protected and cared for, including the operation of ancillary equipment.
• Work within the department on both planned and reactive maintenance.
• Maintenance, repair and installation work involved with the operation of large industrial ammonia refrigeration plant, insuring that plant is available and maintained to optimum performance levels at all times.
• Maintaining documentation to ensure company legal compliance.
• Using the CMMS (shire) to ensure all regular maintenance is carried out.
• Ensure regular mandatory checks including but not limited to:-
• Refrigeration Plant
• Dock Levellers
• The job demands knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering, and a knowledge of all aspects of current Health and Safety legislation, Control of Legionnaires Disease, Electricity at Work Act.
• The ability to make decisions on behalf of the company on all preventative and remedial maintenance, with commensurate skills in technical evaluation.
• Initiative, clarity of thought and the ability to resolve problems quickly and accurately.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
• A trade apprenticeship plus min 10-15 years practical experience in Industry.
• Educated to GCSE Level standard or equivalent in Maths, English and Science subjects.
• Qualification: O.N.C. or C & G Certificate Electrical Engineering.
• Proven ability in fault finding.
• Full clean driving licence.
• C&G 2079 F Gas and ODS Regulations.
• BS EN 378:2008.
• Strong mechanical skills/qualification.
• BS 7671 18th Edition regulations.
• Counterbalance FLT Licence
• IPAF 3a/3b
Your salary will be £28,000 per annum plus a shift allowance of £2,000 per annum equating to total renumeration of £30,000
Any hours worked in excess of 37.5 hours per week (not including on call hours) may, as we require, be paid as overtime at time and a half or taken as time off at a time agreed in advance with your Manager. If you work on any Sunday as your 6th working day and have completed over 37.5 hours within that week you will be entitled to double time for all hours worked on that day.
Hours of Work Your normal hours of work will be a minimum of 37.5 hours per week (excluding breaks) with additional hours as required from time to time for the efficient performance of your duties. You are required to complete an eight-hour working day. It is mandatory to take a 30-minute unpaid lunchbreak during a normal working day.
Given the business need for flexibility your working times (including start and finish time) may from time to time be changed on a temporary or permanent basis. However, the Company will seek to agree any changes with you and give reasonable notice of any change. All Sunday working is voluntary in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
You will work shifts as agreed with your Manager, for which a shift allowance of £2,000 per annum is payable as detailed in paragraph 5:
• Working hours for day shift 8.30 – 16.30 • Working hours for depot shift 06.00 – 14.00 (shift A) • Working hours for depot shift 10.00 – 18.00 (shift B)
Overtime You may be required to work overtime as agreed with your Manager. Pre-arranged overtime worked over and above the normal 37.5 hours weekly will be paid at the following rates (tis does not apply to on-call):
• Monday to Friday will be paid at time and a half. • Saturdays will be paid at time and half until midnight after which it will be paid at double time. • Sundays will be paid at double time.
All overtime must be approved by a line manager. It may be requested that you take time off in lieu in place of overtime payments.
Hours of standard on-call As part of your normal role, you will be required to participate in a call out rota. Details of this will be provided by your line manager.
Call out hours will be during the following periods:
18.00 Friday – 6.00 Monday 18.00 – 06.00 Monday -Thursday
Breaks If your working day is 7.5 hours (total time at work 8 hours) you are entitled to: • lunch break of ½ hour Part time employees are entitled to a break of at least 15 minutes after working 4 hours.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.