£50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8935
about 1 year ago
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Location: Gosport (Portsmouth)
To act as the Technical Authority in respect to Civil Engineering activities on the 6 UK Oil Fuel Depot's. Ensuring that all work is executed on time and to budget/estimates and in full compliance with company standards and UK I European legislation.
With responsibility for a number of Civil Engineering activities within projects and/or engineering works at any one time, the job entails overseeing professional contract engineers who conduct engineering activities on the assets that the company manages. There will be a need to build strong credible working relationships with all internal stakeholders and in particular HSEQ, other Engineering colleagues as well as with external stakeholders including our O&M Contractor, HSE, EA and our MOD Sponsors.
• Comply with The Fundamental Principles of the organisation in everyday activities.
• Promote process safety leadership as the core of companies culture.
• Be a key contributor to the Asset Management Team to support the team to meet the business and team objectives.
• Ensure Civil Engineering Projects are completed and are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
• Manage staff time and resources to ensure well controlled, compliant with the Working Time Regulations and meet responsibilities for health and safety.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with the key stakeholders internally and externally
• Consistently maintain a professional approach in day to day activities.
• Ensure effective and appropriate communication at all times.
• Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
• Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
• Be a key contributor to the improvement of project management systems, procedures and workflows.
• Act as the technical authority providing leadership and guidance on all civil activities for senior management and other engineering disciplines, specialist consultants and suppliers for the OFD assets.
• Plan and manage the programme of works for Civil Engineering Projects in line with company standards and relevant and UK I Europe Job Title: Civil Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
• Ensure activities are in accordance with the Agency's accounting procedures
• Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of assets, equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
• To be a key contributor in the planning budget forecasts for submission to the Leadership Team for approval in line with the companies agreed business strategic and budget plans.
• Provide budget proposals for Project spends and work collaboratively with Finance to provide management information for monthly reporting.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.