£43 - £47 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8977
5 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in Leicestershire for a Building Control Officer to join a Leicestershire based local authority on a contract basis.
The authority is easily accessible, being just off of the M1 and it is a team who are expanding due to a rise in demand of the service. There will be no shortage of work to be getting involved with including plan checking, site inspections, dangerous structures, demolitions, providing advice, marketing etc.
- To check and process Building Regulation applications, dangerous structure notifications, and demolition notices
- To inspect building works to ensure that such works comply with the requirements of the Building Regulations, structures that are reported as dangerous, and sites subject to demolition notices.
- To investigate reports of unauthorised or defective work (Building Regulations), and take timely and appropriate action.
- To provide pre-application advice.
- In association with other team members, to actively promote and market the Councils Building Control service to ensure the financial viability of the team.
- To attend court as a witness when required in cases relating to contravention’s of the Building Regulations, dangerous structures, and any other legislation administered by the section.
- Attend dangerous structures out of hours, for which additional payment will be made.
To speak about this position or similar opportunities in this field, please contact Ollie Melton on 0151 666 8977 or email your CV today!
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.