£30 - £36 per hour, Benefits: NEGOTIABLE
+44 (0)151 666 8977
3 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in Berkshire for a Principal Planning Policy Officer to take a lead role in their team, in a pivotal role producing planning policy documents, refreshing the Local Plan evidence base, and engaging with major strategic developments.
You will be working in a small, but well established team looking to deliver a Local Plan that supports regeneration in the Town Centre, meets the high housing and employment need and integrating the Council’s ambitions. They are easily accessible from London and you'll also have the chance to work remotely.
The Principal Planning Policy Officer role will see you working with the Policy Lead to produce planning policy documents and the supporting evidence base for the emerging local plan, whilst remaining aware of the service planning process to deliver the Council’s strategic and service objectives, and the Council’s vision, values and strategic priorities.
- Responsible for utilising area (s) of professional expertise, using topic based evidence and existing reports to consolidate, contribute and produce Planning policy documents such as the Preferred Spatial Strategy for the emerging Local Plan, Town Centre Strategy, Employment Land Topic Paper and Site development briefs.
- To apply professional knowledge and expertise to support other related work as required – e.g. meeting OAHN in the sub-region (a sub-regional housing study, DtC discussions and Local Plan Examinations) and expansion at Heathrow.
- Liaison with Members and Corporate teams to ensure compatibility e.g. with/to support delivery Five Year Plan outcomes and Town Centre regeneration.
- Liaison with Development Management on major development proposals if required.
- Supporting the coordination of public consultation exercises and discussions under the Duty to Cooperate.
- Inputting into related working including the Brownfield Land and Self-Build registers, Sustainability Appraisal and Habitat Regulations
- Have experience as a senior, principal or lead in producing Local Plans.
- Be available for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension beyond this period.
To speak about this position or similar opportunities in this field, please contact Ollie Melton on 0151 666 8977 or email your CV today.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.