£42 - £45 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
9 months ago
Our Client specialises in rail electrification. They are able to offer design, procurement, delivery and management of projects within the UK and abroad
An exciting opportunity has arisen within their office in Manchester for a Lead Civil / Structural Design Engineer.
- You will be expected to be able to manage the civils design function, as well as undertake the checking responsibility.
- You would be expected to report to snr management on progress/ cost etc in a succinct manner.
- Foresee and forecast resourcing requirements and where appropriate advise on what requirements to the business there are, seek CV’s and possibly interview these individuals.
- Provide design deliverables that satisfy safety and quality requirements.
- Produce design calculations and drawings
- Direct Design Draughtspersons and other personnel as required
- Contribute to the production of design investigations, reports and specifications
- Design in compliance with relevant technical, professional and company standards
- Ensure project change for design package is fully implemented and recorded
- Undertake work using formal processes and procedures
- Manage and record time and provide time estimates for tasks.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- HNC with substantial experience or Engineering Graduate.
- Awareness of construction methods and materials.
- Knowledge of Group Standards/HSE legislation.
- Basic level IT.
- Knowledge of Engineering Drawing Practices .
- Working towards chartership
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.