£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: bonus, pension, life assurance
+44 (0)151 666 8953
9 months ago
The successful Senior Buyer will ideally be educated to degree level in a relevant subject or hold / be working towards a CIPS qualification. You will have excellent negotiation and relationship building skills with a keen interest to develop and explore new opportunities. You will have strong experience of raw material and packaging buying within a food or drink manufacturing environment however candidates from a consumer goods / pharma / chemical background will also be considered.
Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer include:
• Support the Head of Purchasing to effectively create and execute short, medium and long term procurement strategies to maximise value.
• Provide budget recommendations and deliver price variance forecasts to ensure the business is adequately prepared and conditioned.
• Support the Head of Purchasing to optimise savings and value delivery through sustaining high levels of innovation/NPD, driving continuing cost and value efficiency's.
• Reduce risk through implementation of contractual terms.
• Facilitate drive to improve quality and reliability of the supply chain and terms & conditions.
• Constantly reviewing quality and cost, securing strategies to source quality, cost-effective materials in line with market and customer requirements.
• Facilitate innovation and creativity within the context of supplier relationships by coordinating all activities and managing the supplier relationship.
• Adopt a cross functional and customer focused approach through regular liaison with NPD, Technical and Commercial Teams to ensure decisions are in line with customer demands, technical and food safety requirements.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.