£50000 - £70000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8979
3 months ago
As soon as possible (dependent on notice period)
Our client is a market leading consultancy who are active on many high-profile projects in a variety of industries including transportation and energy from waste . They are a fantastic company to work for with clear career development plans and opportunities for upskilling. They are a growing business and part of a wider group with a lot of international presence.
Due to this rapid growth, they are now looking for a Pre-Contract Commercial Manager to join the team in North Yorkshire. A very collaborative business, this company will expect you to work as an integral part of the team and encourage continuous improvement and sharing of ideas to support your colleagues.
From a Cost Management or Quantity Surveying background, the Commercial Manager will work out of York city centre offices, predominantly on rail projects, and duties will include:
- Negotiate and review contract documents at all stages of tendering from contractors and clients, ensure the terms agreed maximise the fee with the shortest possible payment terms
- Liaise with other stakeholders in the business and advise on commercial and legal interests/risks associated with the contracts
- Build good working relationships with the client
- Experience within a similar role, preferably in a consultancy environment
- Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management background with a strong understanding of commercial risk and the ability to negotiate various forms of contracts.
We have a number of other opportunities for Cost Managers, Commercial Managers and Quantity Surveyors available currently if the above is not of interest, so please feel free to get in touch or recommend any one else who may be interested.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.