£22000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8935
about 1 year ago
Salary: £22k (plus paid overtime, 30 days holiday plus bank/public holidays).
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operator to be based at our Oil Fuel Depot near Portsmouth, Hampshire. Working as part of a team; responsible for the safe and efficient receipt, storage and supply of middle distillate fuels for supply to HM Navy and other company customers; and normal day to day OFD support operations.
The Depot is a top tier COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards 2015) and all activities need to comply with these regulations. We therefore have a strong focus on ensuring no harm to people or the environment.
- Monitor the receipt of product; ensure safe storage and distribution of product from vessels, pipelines, tanks and road tanker loading.
- Operate tank farm and jetty equipment to company policies, procedures and relevant good industry practice.
- Perform fuel sampling, testing and volume measurement duties in accordance with the companies Fuel Quality Manual and HMRC bonded warehouse obligations.
- Operate and perform basic checks of pumps, valves and other equipment associated with bulk handling of petroleum liquids.
- Escalate to line management any issues that may need clarification or further resources to resolve.
- Understand and respond accordingly to defined on-site emergency procedures.
- Operation of various computer software applications to control of product movements and the use of company business information systems.
- You will be computer literate, able to show you are a motivated team player, willing and capable to be part of a rostered “on-call” team to undertake overtime at short notice.
- Experience in hazardous operations, possibly in a COMAH regulated environment could be an advantage, but is not essential, as you will receive extensive training in all aspects of the role including accredited Bulk Liquid Operations training (both on-site and residential) and you must be medically fit to undergo Breathing Apparatus and Confined Space training to support emergency response.
- You should exhibit a strong understanding of health and safety requirements in the workplace as well as demonstrate a safe working record, compliant with systems and procedures.
- A strong positive work ethos and attitude and the ability to remain calm and effective in difficult/emergency situations is essential.
You will also need to have a full (preferably clean) driving licence.
Remuneration: A basic starting salary of £22,135 per annum, plus paid overtime, 30 days holiday plus bank/public holidays, life assurance and DC pension scheme.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.