£30000 - £40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
over 1 year ago
Our client is one of the leading Highways services providers in the UK. They currently have 2 exciting opportunities for a Highways Engineer and Senior Engineer at their offices in Manchester.
These are great opportunities ideal for individuals who are looking for the professional progression in their career, and wants to take on bigger and better projects.
The roles will include working alongside the Principal Engineer & Team Leader, and being accountable for managing components of projects, working in collaboration with other design disciplines and providing technical inputs to projects.
Skills and experience
You will have the following:
- Substantial knowledge of, and experience in, design of highway improvement and maintenance schemes to UK standards.
- A working knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
- Experience and a working knowledge of relevant design software and standards.
- Experience of working on design and build contracts (desirable)
- Ability to act as competent designer.
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Working towards a chartered / incorporated status of a relevant professional institution.
- Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design,
- preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
- Prepare technical designs or drawings, documents and use specialist software in accordance with approved design procedures and systems.
- Assist with the management delivery of small projects or a small programme of
- work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate compliance with Health and Safety Responsibilities as well as other company procedures.
- Ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company’s systems and procedures, including those relating to SHEQ, Health and Safety, project and risk management.
- Be a proactive and collaborative team member, work closely with colleagues and fit seamlessly into a delivery team.
- Be flexible and proactive and liaise with other teams from other engineering disciplines.
- Take ownership of own career development using the company appraisal proceduresand undertake additional learning.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.