£35000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Attendance Bonus, Share Options
+44 (0)151 666 8999
over 1 year ago
£30-35k + 21 days holiday + bank holidays, Pension, Attendance bonus, Share options, Overtime
24/7 continental 2 days, 2 nights, 2 off repeat 4 times, followed by 10 days off, 7am/7pm and vice versa.
A great opportunity to work for one of the leading manufacturers in the area, part of a group with over 16k employees and operating over 40 sites in 6 countries and 7 different business divisions. The opening has come up for a new Shift Manager to join the business on their manufacturing site based between Carlisle and Newcastle in Haltwhistle.
If you’re currently in a position of production leadership and are comfortable managing a medium sized team on a shift basis then this role might be worth discussing further. Our client have a fast paced manufacturing site, running around 33 different manufacturing lines spread on a 24/7 4 shift basis. This role suits someone with good leadership experience who is used to coordinating a team to meet production targets while maintaining health and safety and plant efficiency.
Our client have a very good reputation for the upskilling, development and internal training that they are able to provide their employees, to keep them progressing in the long term and offer them a platform to build their skillsets.
The role will oversee the following roles, Quality, Packers, Technical Operatives, Shift Technicians, Engineers and FLT’s totalling around 35 people. Alongside the management of the team you’ll also have the following responsibilities:
- Implement absence control procedures, conducting Return to Work Interviews, addressing pay implications
- Ensure that the appropriate level of resources is targeted at key production priorities.
- Holding teams accountable when the service provided fails to meet production requirements
- Participate in daily meetings with key personnel to discuss performance issues and work closely with other Team Leaders/Managers to maximise factory level efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain the shift production logs/records and carry out effective shift handovers, ensuring that all relevant production information is passed across and understood
- Provide advice and suggestions to management on ways to improve efficiency and productivity
- Ensure training needs for shift production workers are identified and implemented where required
- Consult and involve shift employees/representatives in any significant changes to operations, terms and conditions
- Participate in the selection and appointment of new production employees
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.