£30000 - £40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
6 months ago
Our Client design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Their projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, they manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Highways Engineer to join their Highways Design services team in Chorley.
The position is responsible for delivering technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client’s brief.
• Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
• Prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures. • Prepare technical documents and drawings for checking and approval.
• Exercise independent engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
• Manage delivery of small projects or a small programme of work with minimal supervision.
• Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Welfare and CDM Responsibilities, as well as relevant company procedures.
• Ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company’s systems and procedures, including those relating to SHEQ, Health and Safety, project and risk management.
• Agree delivery targets with senior staff and report regularly on progress towards milestones.
• Assist in the development of other team members (e.g. Assistant Engineers/Graduate Engineers/Technicians) Key Skills and Qualifications:
• A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
• Working towards a chartered / incorporated status of a relevant professional institution.
• Have substantial knowledge of, and experience in, design of highway improvement and maintenance schemes to UK standards.
• Experience in design of highway drainage to UK standards.
• Experience of Value Managing schemes using Highways England’s processes and procedures.
• Have a working knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
• Experience and a working knowledge of relevant design software and standards.
Competitive salary, matched pension up to 7.5%, numerous retail discounts and up to 10% off new Kier homes
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.