£25000 - £28000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
3 months ago
This is an initial fixed term contract until December 2020 with the potential for extension or to become permanent.
The successful Food Technologist will have previous experience within a food manufacturing environment either in technical or NPD / R&D. You will have a good understanding of BRC requirements, an understanding of legal labelling and compliance and food safety and quality knowledge.
Responsibilities of the Food Technologist / Technical Assistant include:
• Organisation of outgoing samples for customers and supporting communications.
• Organisation and cataloguing of development samples
• Communication with suppliers regarding sample requests / and sample feedback
• Coordinating and setting up tasting and bench marking sessions both internally and to support customer visits and capturing minutes.
• Administration and completion of R&D documentation such as project sheets, NPD forms, shelf‐life assessment forms, line trial reports.
• Assists with preparation and minutes keeping of Project Team meetings
• Provision of Technical Information for SAP Masterdata.uploads via Winshuttle
• Supports with technical review of artwork and internal product labels match standards with input from and escalation to Head of Technical / Food Technologist as agreed for each project.
• Assists with fulfilling product related certification submission requirements such as maintaining trading schedule, product specifications, artwork approval.
• Assists with product related certification/registration requirements with Fairtrade Foundation e.g. artwork approval, supply chain data etc.
Application via CV
Commutable from: Crewkerne, Chard, Yeovil, Ilminster, Ilcehster, Axminster, Bridport, Dorchester, Weymouth
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.