£34500 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Overtime
+44 (0)151 666 8999
over 1 year ago
Holiday, Pension, Sunday night – Friday morning 10pm – 6am, Overtime 1.5X rate
An exciting opportunity to join a successful family owned manufacturing business with over 270 people based in Knowsley. If you are an electrically qualified maintenance engineer with basic mechanical aptitude looking for a new opportunity we are keen to hear from you.
You’ll join an experienced maintenance team, and a forward thinking fast moving business, looking to continue their development within the engineering department. The team is expanding due to the increased demands being put on the business and a very full UK based order book, so this will be a stable long term opportunity. The successful individual will be working in a brand new manufacturing facility, on a range of equipment. The team currently operate with a lot of reactive maintenance but under the new engineering manager Nick you’ll be helping transform this into a more proactive and preventative approach and bring some new ideas. Should you have a desire to be part of this journey then we would be keen to hear from you. You’ll join as the sole Engineer in charge of the facility overnight where they operate at reduced capacity on a 24/5 basis.
It’s a fantastic time to join the business, with multiple capital investment projects currently in operation to improve part of the plant in terms of output and efficiency, as well as new product ranges always being introduced. They are in the process of getting their ISO 9001 and 14001 further underlining their investment across the business being led by senior figures in Quality and Health and Safety teams. Our client operate a fast moving production environment operating on a 24/5 basis and turnover in excess of £45m annually so are proving a stable and successful background.
This role suits someone looking to get their weekends back that prefer operating on 8 hours shifts and prefer a quieter shift then this might suit. If you are a time served engineer, who has a couple of years experience out of your time this could also be a good environment to allow you to develop your skills further.
- Service and repair machinery plus ancillary equipment to a high standard
- Assisting with the planning of the service/TPM schedule
- Fault diagnosis of equipment and processes from identifying problems to implementation of solution
- Preventative maintenance
- Calibrating machinery
- Provide technical support to colleagues and communicate with staff at all levels
- Stock control of parts and materials
- Provide reports on all work done on each machine
- Undertake the fitting, installation, repair and service on new machinery plus ancillary equipment as and when necessary
- Conduct safety checks on machinery as and when required
- Supporting on a variety of machinery including CNC
- General maintenance of the site including plant checks
- Attend all training courses and meetings as required
- Observe and adhere to company health & safety guidelines and contribute to a healthy and safe working environment
Time served Electrical Maintenance Engineer
C&G/NVQ Electrically Qualified
Manufacturing Industry Experience
PPM & Reactive Maintenance Experience
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.