£45000 - £50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8935
11 months ago
Controls, Full Time/Perm
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Senior Automation Engineer with project experience to join a company with over 100 years’ industry experience with a team of over 150 employees who turnover £20million. Based in Sheffield, the company offers full end to end solutions in material and baggage handling technology from feasibility and design all the way through to manufacturing, installation and maintenance.
The Senior Automation Engineer will be working within a team responsible for the planning, management, coordination and financial control of Automation projects for various airport sector clients. The role will expect you to program automation projects including use of PLC’s, HMI’s, SCADA and Automation/Distribution controls. The individual will possess a proven track record of having led and successfully executed automation projects and also be proficient in programming, managing, and reporting on projects in the automation or baggage handling space.
The Senior Automation Engineer will have:
- Qualification in an engineering discipline.
- Proven track record of having led and successfully executed automation projects.
- Extensive experience of project delivery though the application of a comprehensive project management process.
- Proficiency in programming, managing, and reporting on projects utilising information technology (MS Project/Excel).
- Good communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Possess problem-solving and customer-oriented attitudes.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Degree in engineering discipline
- Recognised H&S qualification; ideally NEBOSH Certificate.
- Knowledge of airport facilities and processes or a strong desire to learn.
- Experience in commissioning and qualification activities.
- Knowledge of engineering standards and best practice.
- Knowledge of process safety management.
- Strong presentation skills: is comfortable presenting information to others at varying organisational levels.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.