+44 (0)151 666 8929
4 months ago
We deliver decommissioning and waste management solutions to many nuclear licensed sites, including, LLWR, Magnox and Sellafield Ltd, offering a unique range of capabilities that encompass the full project lifecycle. A diverse group of experienced industry experts and graduate/postgraduate engineers and scientists ensure that innovation and enthusiasm are tempered with a pragmatic overview. Whilst skills and experience are essential ingredients for the successful delivery of projects, people’s attitudes and behaviours differentiate the high performing team from the average. Our core values of Passion, Integrity, Challenge and Collaboration drive performance and ensure we add significant value to all our projects.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer will lead projects from an Engineering perspective and will liaise directly with the client to ensure that the design engineers on the projects deliver for the client, schedule work and ensure that the teams are hitting tasks on the Programme.
This opportunity is a great one for someone to get involved at all levels of the project, go to site and be involved in cradle to grave decommissioning and installation projects. There will be some travel required to the South as they will also be expected to pick up and run with projects near at Nuclear facilities near Reading.
You will report into the Engineering Manager but will be responsible to Project Managers on the various client projects ensuring engineering delivery and managing resources to each project. We wants someone who delivers how they need to as long as they can demonstrate that they have a strategy and they have logically thought through how they intend to achieve it. Coherent planning, creativity and delivery focused is important.
- A problem solver
- Able to challenge and question the supply chain
- Able to identify gaps in process and make decisions to deliver solutions
- Able to build relationships (particularly with the supply chain) and understand capabilities
- Drive projects through to completion
- Technical Competency
- Engineering savvy
- Dynamic, driven, creative
- Flexible and resilient
- Design background (but not a designer – no software capability required but needs to understand)
- Experience of a variety of Mechanical Engineering areas with exposure to mechanical design, calculations, stress, valves, pumps, putting kit together, drive transmissions, structures.
- Self starter and desire to grow
- They will be expected to be able to deliver presentations to clients and to Design Authority so must be able to demonstrate the ability to present and talk through a solution with a client
- Someone with the aspiration to lead and progress into Principal position in the future
- Some knowledge of patents, legislation, tendering and supply chain management would be advantageous.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.