£30 - £40 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 2 years ago
The purpose of this role, which is based in Welsh Government’s office in Cathays Park, is to manage planning applications which have a potential impact on the trunk road network.
• To use professional judgement to respond to enquiries from local authorities, developers and members of the public on planning consultations referred to the Welsh Government.
• To provide responses to full and pre-planning applications from planning authorities within the given deadlines, and where required give direction to them on conditions to be imposed on any development along the trunk road network.
• To assist in the preparation of ministerial correspondence and submissions to Ministers.
• To manage, develop and conclude negotiated agreements (under s278 of the Highways Act 1980) with applicants and their professional advisors to ensure that the full implications of traffic and highway problems created by development traffic are met by the developer.
• To direct other Welsh Government Specialists and the Trunk Road Agents to provide advice on planning applications, so as to ensure applications comply with the required standards and policies.
Ideally an engineer/ technician with experience of development control, technician and graduate engineers with more general highway engineering experience will also be considered
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.