£65 - £75 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8916
about 2 months ago
Subject to Security Clearance
Accountable for the development and provision of software applications in line with relevant company policies, processes or external regulations, standards, codes of practice, and best practice. Analysis and programming support to the business in line with the business plan to protect develop and enhance.
- Ensure compliance with company processes and procedures relating to the delivery of project.
- Undertake research and development of new technologies to maintain current knowledge.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Undertake analysis of business requirements, working with customers to prepare solution designs and specifications for self and others to meet customer requirements.
- Design and build software and software modifications to meet business requirements using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Provide technical third line support for supported applications and services.
- Ensure configuration and change is managed and controlled throughout software development lifecycle.
- Produce required documentation to support all phases of the system development process.
- Maintain local software quality documentation to ensure TS800 standards are met.
- Provide timely updates to task managers on the status of assigned deliverables.
- Retain knowledge of latest programming and design techniques.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
- Experience of software development using some or all of the following technologies:-
- .NET (both Framework and Core)
- C#, PowerShell, T-SQL
- Azure DevOps Repos
- Azure Integration Services + other application Azure services, e.g. Function Apps, Cosmos DB
- IDE’s (e.g. Visual Studio, SSDT, VS Code, SSMS)
- Test tools (e.g. MSTest, SpecFlow, tSQLt)
- Build & Release tools (e.g. Azure DevOps Pipelines)
- Experience of software development in some of the following areas:-
- Cloud SaaS services, e.g. HR, ERP, CRM
- On-premise COTS systems, e.g. AMS, GIS, CAD
- Locally developed custom applications
- Experience of working with third parties e.g. developers, customer departments, end-users
- Has experience of making informed technical judgements and decisions relevant to this role
- An understanding of the importance of good Information Management
- Working knowledge of Computing and IS/IT trends and technologies.
- Good understanding of programming languages and their application.
- Working knowledge of the Company Quality and Safety Systems.
- Understanding of Software Configuration and Design Methodologies.
- Able to set requirements and proposed solution into the context of the wider business and CIO arena
- Is able to work under-pressure to get the job done
- Is able to effectively influence people to follow process
- Has the ability to manage a task through to its successful completion.
- Proactively solves problems encountered or set by task manager.
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Has a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to all work undertaken
- Is flexible during times of change.
- Ability to effectively prioritise, understanding impact and risks.
- Reacts to planning changes in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Has the ability to promote the IT Services organisation
All candidates must be British nationals and only hold a British passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.