£40 - £55 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8929
over 1 year ago
1 Main Purpose of Position
To manage projects to ensure first class delivery which exceeds the expectations of the clients whilst maximising the benefits both in financial and reputational terms to the company? This will be in full compliance with the pre-determined standards of safety, quality, environmental and security and the conditions of contract. To champion their core values of: Passion, Integrity, Challenge and Collaboration.
2 Key Responsibilities:
2.1 Project Delivery
- Ensure projects are delivered safely within budget and to programme.
- Act as the point of contact for all issues associated with project delivery, both with the clients and internally.
- Ensure that all projects are managed in accordance with the QSHEW Management System and best practice.
- Monitor work activity and progress in conjunction with the appropriate manager / function head to ensure all projects run within programme and plan.
- Monitor and control all project costs and ensure all future costs are identified, transparent and predicted accurately within the company.
- Identify and manage the necessary resource through liaison with the various departments, supporting resource recruitment ensuring SQEP.
- Maintain and manage a risk register and implement risk mitigation actions as necessary.
- identify all stakeholders and actively manage to ensure project success.
- Compile and report monthly project status reports and project close out reports for review by Director.
- be proactive in the leading and management of innovation to reduce timescales.
- Lead and manage the safety performance on the project.
- Provide appropriate response to client or internal colleague enquiry and ensure
- Completion of all necessary documentation as required by the QSHEW
- Management System.
- when nominated as Bid Manager, ensure all Bid documentation is submitted
- Appropriately and to time in liaison with the Commercial Manager.
- Support tender and contract reviews through the provision of relevant and informed
- Technical or commercial information as necessary.
- Degree or HND in engineering discipline
- IOSH 'Managing Safely' or appropriate formal Health & Safety qualification
- SC Essential
- Diploma in Project Management
- Membership of appropriate technical / professional body
- DV Clearance would be very advantageous.
- 10 years’ experience in a project delivery related role ideally associated with decommissioning, waste management and/or environmental remediation
- 2-5 years’ experience in a project delivery related role ideally associated with decommissioning, waste management and/or environmental remediation
- Experience of delivery of £1m+ projects with little Director oversight
- Experience of delivery of projects up to £500k with little Director oversight
- Direct and indirect control of individuals within a project delivery / support function
- Origination and utilisation of management information
- Contribution to continued business success, strategy and future growth
- Contract negotiation and legal awareness
- Familiar with CDM Regulations.
- Budget management
- Used to dealing with confidential and commercial
- Familiar with QSHEW operating procedures and requirements etc.
- Competent user of MS Office
- Able to organise and prioritise own work
- Ability to achieve results through a team of specialist / technical personnel
- Strong financial and commercial skills and familiar with the NEC3 form of contract, in particular the Option C target price arrangements
- Awareness of typical Conditions of Contract and financially and commercially aware.
- Ability to achieve results through a team of specialist/ technical personnel
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of colleagues at all levels and with external stakeholders and contractors
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 / 14001 & 45001
- Polite, friendly approach to work
- Ability to keep calm and professional at all times
- Interpersonal, tact and confidentiality, reliable and punctual
- Willingness to travel / spend time away from home as required
- Committed to personal, business and colleague’s development
- Due regard to equal opportunities and diversity at all times, and to work in a fair and reasonable manner towards all stakeholders.
- Commitment to and understanding of their Vision, Mission and Values
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.