£28 - £32 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
12 months ago
Our Client in Oxfordshire has an excellent opportunity for an Engineer/ Supervisor to join their team.
The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility.
- To assist with the progressing of proposals for road agreements from planning permission stage to completion.
- To assist the Senior Engineer in ensuring that layouts of new roads and changes to existing roads are designed and built to meet the Council’s standards and appropriate contemporary urban design standards by working with other Council officers, developers and local planning authorities.
1. Provide highway technical advice and co-ordinate Road Agreements Team planning consultation responses for planning applications.
2. Advise Technician and Team Co-ordinator on the Advanced Payment Codes (APC).
3. Assist with team site inspections relating to construction works undertaken on the existing Highway and development sites.
4. Liaise with internal Oxfordshire County Council teams to secure specialist approvals.
5. Respond to correspondence received by the Road Agreements Team, giving excellent customer service.
6. Independently calculate commuted sums, inspection fees and bonds for schemes, and support Technician Engineers carrying out this function.
7. Instruct Legal Services on 1980 Highways Act Private Street Works, Section 38 & 278 agreements.
8. Carry out technical audits and issue approval in line with the Councils specifications and provide support to Technician Engineer carrying out this function.
9. Compile and complete Highway adoption files, scheme files and general team processes.
10. Manage own and assisting team portfolio of work, including ensuring all correspondence and information is saved to the electronic database system.
11. Assist and monitor works completion, maintenance periods, formal inspections and remedial works in line with Councils standards.
12. Continually develop Technician Engineers skills and abilities as well as actively seeking training or development for themselves and team members.
Education and training
- Civil Engineering Level 4 Higher National Certificate or relevant civil engineering experience.
- CSCS qualification and holding valid CSCS card
- Ability to interpret and produce technical audits and give sound advice without recourse to manager.
- Experience of large scale development management.
- Experience and understanding of highway maintenance techniques.
- Understanding of relevant legislation and policies in relation to highway adoption procedures.
- A working knowledge and experience of Highway construction design & specifications.
- Knowledge of highway construction materials, their properties and uses.
- Experience of negotiating road agreements (Private Street Works, Section 38 and Section 278 Agreements) for the provision of transport services and infrastructure.
- Experience of site supervision/ inspection of highway infrastructure together with sound record keeping.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office suite products.
- Experience and understanding of advance payment code procedure.
Relevant Skills and aptitude
- Negotiation skills.
- Proven customer service skills including liaison with internal specialist teams, elected members, public, consultants, developers, contractors & solicitors.
- Comprehensive understanding of technical submissions, including plans, road safety audits and site investigation reports.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage own workload independently.
- Demonstrate financial skills in order that commuted sums, bond figures and inspection fees can be calculated.
- Completion of relevant personal development, training courses and ability to help develop technician engineers skills and abilities.
- Be able to compile information required for Highway adoptions files, including excellent record keeping and documentation.
• Special Requirements
- Full, valid driving license and use of own vehicle.
• Equal Opportunities
- Commitment to, and understand of, the principles of Equal Opportunities for all, in employment and the delivery of services.
• Education and training
- A desire to become a member of the professional engineering institution, e.g. ICE/ IHE etc.
- Experience of liaising with statutory undertakers
- Experience of viewing and editing AutoCAD drawings.
• Relevant Skills and aptitude
- Enthusiasm for change and innovation in road construction
- Staff Supervisory skills including recruitment expertise
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.