£28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: 36 days holiday
+44 (0)151 666 8968
12 months ago
9 - 12 months initially
Ideally by September
£28 – 32,000 plus Bonus, Private Medical and Private Dental and 36 days holiday
9 – 12 month contract
Based in Liverpool
We are currently recruiting for an Analytical Scientist within the Method Development team of a multinational pharmaceutical company based in Speke on a maternity cover basis. With a pipeline of existing and future projects the role exists due to expansion and will join a team of over 60 Scientists currently working on site at an exciting time of growth for the business.
The primary focus of this role is to perform method development, optimisation and validation in support of existing and future projects. Experience in separation technologies specifically HPLC and if possible UPLC as well is essential. Exposure to the analysis of large molecules / biologics would be highly advantageous.
- Developing, phase appropriately validating, transferring and applying analytical methods to support the successful delivery of new product development programmes, focusing on separation technologies – HPLC, UPLC and capillary electrophoresis.
- Responsible for leading the design, delivery and reporting of experimental work to meet project timelines, training others in procedures or equipment, identifying and delivering ideas to enhance capabilities of analytical sciences and support Senior Scientists or project leads on delivery of work packages and projects.
- Writing technical procedures, protocols and reports.
- Presenting data.
- Minimum qualification of BSc in science related subject (or equivalent).
- A PhD is preferred and/or relevant industrial experience in the biologics industry within a GMP environment or with an understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Working knowledge of analytical techniques including but not limited to:
- HPLC / UPLC (SEC, RP, AEX, HILIC)
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Experience in developing analytical methods.
- Experience in writing procedures, protocol and reports.
- Experience in working on biologics including but not limited to recombinant proteins and viral vectors would be highly advantageous
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.