£22000 - £23000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 2 months ago
My Client is a fast growing and ambitious company based on the outskirts of Derby and St Helens Merseyside.
Due to an increase in work load they require an experienced Site Technician to join their team in St Helens on a full
time basis, working a minimum of 40 hours per week with plenty of overtime available.
Work involves site testing and sampling of highways and construction materials – Asphalt, Soils concrete and aggregates.
Experience Required: Compiling site test records, Asphalt Laying Records, Taking delivery temperatures of asphalt, use of Density Gauges NDG PQI/PDM, Rolling Straight Edge, Texture Depth testing, Rate of Spread of Chippings, taking of asphalt and concrete core samples, DCP testing, working within a motorway and live highway site environment.
Due to the nature of the work, you do need to be flexible to work weekends and nights as required.
Core hours are Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:00.
Possession of CSCS Card is a mandatory requirement.
Applicants are required on a permanent basis but they may consider a temporary to permanent basis.
Competitive rate, depending on experience.
- Attending various highways and constructions site around the Midlands and North West regions.
- Operating semi-automated and automated lab equipment
- Following established protocols, work instructions, scheduled tasks and activities independently.
- Perform in-process testing to assure batches of materials meet specifications.
- Troubleshooting of processes, procedures and product issues.
- Balance multiple tasks and prioritise critical tasks.
- Manage and implement preventative and corrective actions.
- Update various Production/QC reports and spreadsheets.
- Update standard operating procedures and work instructions for processes.
- Drive cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures, improving capacity and using supplies wisely.
- Reduce work in process, queues and cycle times.
- Follow all health and safety measures in place and ensure team members do the same.
- Collaborate, support and consult with other team members as necessary.
- Compiling site test records, Asphalt Laying Records
- Taking delivery temperatures of asphalt
- Use of Density Gauges NDG PQI/PDM
- Rolling Straight Edge
- Texture Depth testing, Rate of Spread of Chippings
- Taking of asphalt and concrete core samples
- DCP testing
- Working within a motorway and live highway site environment.
- Previous site testing experience as described above.
- Laboratory testing experience is desirable
- Understanding of safe working practice in a site and testing laboratory environment.
- Experience in site testing of asphalt/tarmac/quarry products as described above.
- General Construction Materials testing experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft packages.
- Awareness of UKAS accreditation requirements.
Occasional night work
Regular weekend work and overtime
Van provided for business use - travelling to and from sites (they may not be local sites)
Full clean UK driving licence
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.