£40 - £45 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
7 months ago
Our Client is an international multi disciplined Design and Project management Company. Exciting opportunities have arisen within their Building Design Practice.
They are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Building Services team based in Epsom.
This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across a wide variety of projects. The Building Design practice works on projects across all of our focus markets, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation. The opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design and management of projects.
• Ensuring an understanding of project briefs;
• Design and specification of all Mechanical Building Services systems (heating, cooling, ventilation, controls, etc);
• Carry out the production of detailed calculations using industry standards (Excel, IES, Hevacomp etc);
• Preparing technical specifications using NBS;
• Work in partnership with Atkins international Global Design Centre (GDC) to add value to building services projects where appropriate;
• Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team and a working understanding / use of Autodesk (& Revit);
• Engaging with the project design team, contractors and clients;
• Representing Atkins at meetings with clients and contractors;
• Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works;
• Report & technical note writing;
• Maintaining complete records and archives to company standards;
• Adherence to all quality, environmental & governance processes;
• Managing own workload and working to time allocations;
• Managing elements of project delivery;
• Reviewing progress, inc. reporting any anomalies and changes of scope to the line manager.
• Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering or related subjects;
• Chartered Engineer with CIBSE / IMechE;
• Good level of computer literacy in a range of digital tools (IES thermal modelling package, Hevacomp, NBS and Microsoft packages);
• Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential;
• Have a detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards;
• Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way;
• Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential.
Undertake any other reasonable tasks or duties as required by the management team from time to time in order to maintain flexibility in the organisation.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.