+44 (0)151 666 8953
29 days ago
6 - 9 months
Reporting to the Site Director and overseeing a small team, the Supply Chain Planning Manager will be responsible for the starategic management of the supply base and levels of inventory on site to ensure customer service targets are met and levels of forecast accuracy are maintained.
The successful Supply Chain Planning Manager will have previous Materials / Supply Planning management experience in a complex FMCG manufacturing environment. You will have experience of SAP or similar stock management and planning software
Responsibilities of the Supply Chain Planning Manager include:
• Lead and partner with demand planning to ensure an accurate supplier demand plan and provide to Factory Planner to agreed timeframes
• Consult with Factory Planner regarding availability of production lines
• Place orders based upon agreed lead time and capacity availability
• Plan replenishment by maintaining accurate plans
• Play an active role in the UK Supply Planning process within the S&OP framework
• Accountable for daily/weekly forecast refinement
• Implement and maintain Inventory and Material Management Strategies for all Finished Goods by regular review and optimisation of Inventory parameters and levels
• Conduct regular business and performance reviews with Demand Planners, Marketing and Manufacturing
• Identify and manage potential inventory obsolescence to minimise write‐offs
• Review out of stock situations or shortage of supply issues and recommend mitigating actions
• Conduct root cause analysis for supply chain issues/variances and perform define corrective action plans to avoid re occurrence
• Set up inventory targets for Raw and Pack Materials
• Responsible for ensuring accurate SAP Master Data (material planning and production)
• Manage by exception weekly (minimum) to address issues
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.