+44 (0)151 666 8912
6 days ago
Initial 3 month contract
- Ensure there is a clear agreement in relation to the objectives, required outcomes, business impacts, delivery approach, risk trade off and sequence of initiatives to be delivered.
- Create and manage deliverable based end-to-end plans that cut across multiple functions; taking corrective action where necessary
- Ensure critical success factors perceived by key stakeholders are considered and managed on an ongoing basis, managing stakeholder expectations in line with the realistic prognosis for the project
- To ensure project risk exposure is understood by key stakeholders and is being proactively managed
- To support the resource strategy of the Transformation Office to ensure the right skills are available at the right time for projects and to manage utilisation at appropriate levels.
- Support negotiations with third party suppliers to control the effective delivery of third party solutions to the Council and to influence third party suppliers to ensure solutions are tailored to meet requirements.
Key Skills Required
- PRINCE2 Practitioner level
- Programme and Project planning, monitoring and reporting techniques
- Managing concurrent projects in a programme of works involving multi-disciplined teams
- Successful delivery of projects using effective work planning, resource allocation, and monitoring techniques across multiple teams.
- Sound knowledge and experience of using and applying structured programme management methodology
- Experience of dealing with and influencing senior managers and elected members
- Able to take responsibility for tasks and delivering results
- Able to work with collegues, partners and stakeholders to build commitment and strengthen collaboration to support the delivery of effective Council services.
- Local government experience
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.