£70000 - £75000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8905
about 2 months ago
The company, who provide programme, project and cost management services, also provide an integrated suite of management services to deliver assets that imrpove the performance of the clients business.
Project Controls Managers / Associate Directors will lead a variety of commissions managing teams of project controls professionals or providing consultancy services to our clients. PCM’s are expected to be a highly experienced practitioner in planning, cost and reporting disciplines.
- You are able to design and implement systems,
- Processes and organisational structures that deliver effective project controls.
- You have experience in developing a controls-based culture within organisations.
- Typical activities include managing controls teams across the full range of project control activity, providing specialist controls consultancy, advice on project controls systems and processes, training and project audit/recovery.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work
- Attend project meetings and discussions with the project management team and external client’s
- Perform project related reporting to the team and management review on a monthly basis to ensure that the project stays on time and to budget.
- Reporting progress and cost trends and propose action plans for remediation.
- Act as a focal point for the project team regarding scheduling and progress issues.
- Ensure that the schedules and systems are integrated to measure, trend, and forecast the work, and are in place and managed.
- Create/Contribute to the change management process, analysing and reporting schedule and cost impacts to the project.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Undertake Project Reviews
- Practical extensive experience in planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge and Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications such as Primavera (P6) and/or other planning and resourcing software
- Cost management & estimating
- Understanding of earned value management processes and techniques
Experience of working with financial forecasting at project level across multiple financial years
- Understanding of industry risk management practices including ‘Management of Risk’ (MoR) principles Change Control/governance
- Experience of implementing project controls to align with and support existing organisational governance requirements
- Able to create and map processes to support effective change control Performance Management/Reporting
- Able to utilise existing datasets to produce project performance reports and dashboards within MS Excel
- Some experience of driving enhancements to data availability and/or quality to support reporting requirements General
- Able to coordinate and work with other teams and have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Working experience with multi-disciplinary project teams
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Possess good planning and organisational skills and be accustomed to meeting tight deadlines.
- Professional working knowledge of project management software and tools
If you are interested in the role or would like further information, please contact myself or send me your CV.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.