+44 (0)151 666 8929
19 days ago
To provide advice, guidance and assistance on all matters relating to the management of occupational health and safety and the environment, in accordance with the Company's Policies and Integrated Management System (IMS).
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Provide advice, guidance and assistance on all matters relating to the management of occupational health and safety and the environment, and to assist line-management to comply with the Companies IMS Policy and Management System
2. Provide instruction, information, training and coaching to ensure the successful implementation of the companies IMS
3. Interpret and give up-date briefings to the line management on new legislation. Codes of Practice, HSE Guidance, etc.
4. Produce and circulate bulletins and reports to communicate essential information throughout the group
5. Prepare Plans of Work, Method Statements and Risk assessments as required for the company’s operations
6. Maintain SYPOL and complete new COSHH Assessments
7. Manage and Carry out accident investigations and report the findings
8. Liaise with insurers and loss adjusters relating to claims – attend meetings with insurers as required
9. Carry out independent monitoring and auditing at a predetermined frequency and prepare written reports. Ensuring that any scaffolding work that has been notified under the company’s ancillary asbestos licence in their area of responsibility are audited for compliance against the licence and company requirements at least once
10. Ensure that asbestos works are carried out in line with procedures – sign off plan of works, commencing PoW’s and carry out asbestos audits
11. Prepare performance reports for management information- evaluating the data and finding solutions
12. Develop strategic plans for the company in relation to health and safety matters
13. Develop, write and maintain Health and Safety related policies and procedures, including company Risk Assessment Booklets (ordering and maintaining content)
14. Develop and deliver internal training related to Health and Safety / Company Procedures including toolbox talks (schedule and design)
15. Manage the Health and Safety reporting process for the company – internal and external reports
16. Arrange external audits as an when required, accompany auditors on site
17. Represent the Company at Works committees (Chair), Contractor Safety Forums, Clients Safety Forum, Trade Association Meetings – delivering presentations at external meetings
18. Management and development of Health and Safety Advisors – completing annual appraisals, return works – in line with company procedures
19. Liaising with regulators when required – regarding Company / Site matters
20. Liaise with HR Function on any matters that cross both disciplines such as Drug and Alcohol Testing
21. Liaise with company Services on Health and Safety matters as an when required
22. Assist with PQQ’s and tenders as required.
Competencies for Role
NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
Systems Auditor (Gained by either qualification or 5 years’ experience in carrying out internal & external audits)
PTS (As required)
Significant experience in a Health & Safety Management role
Knowledge of legal, company and client requirements.
BOSIET / FOET – if required to visit Offshore site.
The post holder must have a good understanding of all scaffolding and current asbestos regulations and hold a current UKATA registered category ‘C’ Licensable Scaffolder
Asbestos Awareness for Managers / Directors certificate.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.