+44 (0)151 666 8999
KM - DL - 1605
5 months ago
£28,000- £30,000 plus 10% bonus
Global Pharmaceutical manufacturing company based in Oxford are expanding their Quality Control team with the addition of a Quality Control Officer with a focus on Validation and Instrumentation support.
This is a permanent role with a clear career path to senior roles within the business including steps to into Validation.
As a QC looking to expand your career this is an opportunity to gain the experience needed to progress into ta Validation role; you are part of a progressive and inclusive team with a culture of promotion from within. You will be exposed to exceptional opportunities to further your career through hands on experience and the mentoring of highly qualified team members.
As a part of a dedicated and professional team your role will be to lead, plan and coordinate the timely execution of the calibration and qualification of all QC laboratory equipment ensuring that the equipment is kept in a state of control and compliance. Your role will include but not be restricted to:
- Ensure QC equipment calibration and qualification activities are planned, effectively tracked, monitored and achieved in accordance with agreed time-lines
- Writing & execution of protocols and reports (URS/DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ), organisation of qualification work into packages suitable for audit presentation
- You will be performing routine checks and calibration duties on all analytical equipment in the laboratory and as specified in the schedule.
- Generate and keep up to date the quality documents (SOP) and control documents
- Support and lead investigations into the issues impacting analytical equipment
- Approval deviation and change proposals related to analytical equipment issues
- Drive and identify Practical process Improvement initiatives (PPI)
- Drive and support self-inspections
- Undertaking self support inspections, GEMBA walks and Huddle meetings
- GMP compliance, Data Integrity and Good Documentation Practice (GDP)
- Drive the “Quality Culture” throughout the QC department
What can you bring to the role?
- Science based degree
- Technical experience (ideally 5 years) with a hands on approach and understanding of working with calibration and qualification of analytical systems such as balances, HPLC, GC, Chromatography Data System (CDS) – Water Empower software, UV, IR – and be able to troubleshoot
- Experience on a pharmaceutical QC function – ideally within sterile
- Excellent report writing and technical skills
- Looking for a long term career and future opportunities.
- BSc with 3-5 years experience minimum or HND / HNC with 4-5 years experience minimum depending on level of role
- Experience of working within a GMP Pharmaceutical environment
- Experience in HPLC, GC, Chromatography Data System (CDS) such as Waters Empower software, UV, IR with the ability to maintain & troubleshoot these systems is highly desirable.
- Experience of method development and instrument validation (even as support)
Salary will depend on experience. A relocation package is also on offer for the successful candidates if needed. Benefits include Private Medical insurance, pension, free parking, cycle to work scheme.
Apply on line or call me Kelly Maddocks on 0151-666-9580 for a confidential discussion.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.