£38 - £40 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
6 months ago
Our Client maintains a diverse set of highway infrastructure over around 1900km of both urban and rural network around regions within West Yorkshire. The Maintenance Design Team are responsible for ensure that those roads are fit for purpose and in line with their Asset Management Strategy.
On a day to day basis the Project Manager / Senior engineer role is very varied. This is a role that will involve the gaining of experience, knowledge and expertise in Highways Maintenance design.
You will be working in the Planned Maintenance team designing and delivering highway maintenance schemes, aswell as supervising works on site.
You will be responsible for the design, delivering, programming and supervising of planned maintenance schemes, predominately surfacing and patching schemes, in line with the Councils asset management requirements.
- Assess and produce a programme of sites for patching works, ensuring within budgets that there are enough sites to create a surface dressing programme for the following year.
- Mark out the required works on each site, undertake take offs, produce a works order for this work. Works orders will include; safety plan / safety information, statutory undertakers plans and description of works.
- Liaise with surfacing team regarding programming of the issued work, produce start of works / information letters for residents / businesses at certain locations.
- Issue a consistent flow of works orders each week to the surfacing team, keeping a record of cost and budget totals until the budget is committed.
- Collate and measure, from pre patched sites, a list of potential surface dressing sites for the following year surface dressing programme.
- Once contractor, based on the above site list, meet with winning contractor on each of the sites to discuss design, site restrictions, closures and methods of work.
- Liaise with Highway Safety team to identify any areas of HFS that may need attention.
- Develop and manage programmes of work for the surface dressing, road stud removal, and new lining and road studs. Apply for road closures, notices, permits (where applicable) liaising with the Streetworks (NRSWA) team to compliment the programmes.
- Undertake a survey of the streets 3 months prior to start of the work to identify any areas of late preparation work required. And mark up the extents of the surface dressing for each site prior to the programme starting.
Surface dressing programme delivery
- Obtain daily whereabouts of surface dressing team as to liaise with Streetworks team to update / amend notices, permits and closure dates as required.
- Investigate and action complaints receive regarding the works
- Compile remedial action list (from previous 2 years sites) and issue to contractor for action
- Undertake fortnightly meetings with the surface dressing contractor on progress / issues on site.
- Monitor performance / sweeping and inform contractor of defects
- Measure, quantify and pay invoices
- Hold HNC or Degree or proven ability to work at that level.
- Experience of design and /or leading in the identification and organisation of all resources required for work.
- Experience in prioritising and co-ordinating designs, evaluations, procurement processes, site inspections, training/initiatives, research, and providing recommendations.
- Supervise or lead staff’s work providing basic advice and guidance in Human Resources Issues
- Experience of presenting information in formats suitable for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrate an ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision with good team working skills.
- Good level of IT knowledge and skills including Microsoft Office.
- Dependant on role you will have NRASWA Supervisor accreditation.
- Able to respond to councilors operational requests impartially & confidentially.
- Hold a full and valid driving licence and be willing to undertake and pass a Kirklees Council driving test or have the ability to travel between sites using public transport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.