£50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8957
6 months ago
£50,000 (Alternating shift pattern 6-2pm and 2-10pm)
Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire, East Anglia
A blue chip food manufacturer is currently seeking an Automation Engineer. The successful Automation Engineer will have experience working with S7 / S5 and SCADA.
Automation Engineer responsibilities:
- Working effectively with the solutions provider to maintain communications and company relations within the project team
- Acquire a detailed understanding of all the different automation systems (distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, SCADA systems etc.)
- Coach and develop site colleagues to ensure that technical expertise and automation knowledge is developed and maintained.
- Ensure all the companies requirements and specifications are met and maintained during the design, build, installation and commissioning phases
- Ensure relevant training and support is delivered to the company during all phases of the project
- Develop preventative maintenance schedules
- Generate documentation and SOPs associated with each of the Automation systems as required
- Operate according to SOPs developed for site engineering and maintenance
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation and IT projects in accordance with company guidelines
- Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation and IT projects within budget and corporate guidelines
- Support operations with technical queries
- Demonstrate commitment, upholding compliance in relation to product quality, people, safe working environment and change management.
- Responsible for contractor control and associated documentation/systems
- Conduct, plan and improve preventative maintenance of site equipment
- Conduct corrective maintenance in case of site equipment failure and breakdown
- Prioritise workload to ensure rapid response to plant and equipment failures in a cost effective way
- Complete and update plant maintenance records complying with all departmental procedure
You will be an Automation Engineer with experience working within a high-paced Manufacturing environment withSiemens S7 PLC’s and Wonderware. Apply via direct CV submission or contact Mike Cairns on 0151 666 89 57 to discuss further.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.