+44 (0)151 666 8952
21 days ago
Location: Salford Quays
An exciting opportunity as arisen within a global design and consultancy for a EC&I Engineer to be based in Salford Quays. The candidate will be expected to be ambitious and motivated, actively pursuing Chartership, and to have already developed strong technical skills in a design or operational environment.
The candidate will be a key member of the project delivery teams for a range of challenging projects of significant scale and complexity. The candidate’s primary role will be to generate EC&I designs and specifications as part of a multi-disciplinary design team.
- To produce the suite of EC&I design deliverables to process plant projects across a range of highly
- regulated industries to ensure functionality and safety
- To effectively contribute towards and lead EC&I packages of work as part of multi-discipline projects
- To work closely with Clients to fully meet their requirements and develop repeat work through
- excellent performance and quality
- To develop EC&I knowledge and skills to be an in-house technical expert through experience and learning, supported by formal training
- Masters degree in Electrical/Electronic (or similar) Engineering
- Training in any of the required or desirable skills and experience would be an advantage
- 3+ years experience of design or operations in a highly regulated industry (Nuclear, Chemical,Pharmaceutical, etc.)
- High level of proficiency in the use of general Microsoft Office software i.e. Word, Excel, etc.
- Membership of IET or InstMC, and working towards Chartership
- Experience in developing at least 2 of the following:
- Knowledge of current UK technical standards / publications and legislation requirements
- Knowledge of the Engineering Design process
- Full UK driving license
- SC security clearance, or ability to achieve
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD 2D & AutoCAD Electrical
- Proficiency in the use of AMTECH Packages
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Visio
- Knowledge of Nuclear Equipment Qualification process
- Knowledge of ATEX / DSEAR and hazardous areas
- Knowledge of BS7671 IET Wiring Regulations (17th or 18th Edition)
- Knowledge of Low Voltage systems
- Knowledge of control systems networking, PLC systems, DCS systems
- Knowledge of process instrumentation design, applications, and specification
- Experience of working with P&IDs and the HAZOP process
- Experience of Functional Safety and knowledge of IEC 61508 / 61511 / 61513
- Experience of procurement of EC&I equipment
- Experience of working in a multi-discipline environment on high value projects
- Experience of interacting with Client representatives
- Experience of working with Sub-Contractors
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.