£35000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension
+44 (0)151 666 8999
6 months ago
Holiday, Pension, Mon – Fri 37.5hours
An exciting opportunity to join a successful family owned manufacturing business with over 270 people based in Knowsley. If you have a strong background in Health and Safety within a manufacturing environment and are looking to join a business where you can take ownership of a department and have a big influence on how the businesses H&S policies and procedures operate then please get in touch.
We’re looking for a candidate to support and advise the Company on all of its Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities through the establishment, management and monitoring of standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure the company remain compliant.
Our client is in the process of getting their ISO 9001 and are also looking to achieve the 14001 qualification which would fall under the remit of your role. Our client operate a fast moving production environment operating on a 24/5 basis and turnover in excess of £45m annually so are proving a stable and successful background with the resources required to deliver in this role. It's an exciting time to join a growing business who have just built a brand new site extension and can provide a stable platform to help develop your career.
- Ensure the Company's health and safety policy is implemented consistently across the organisation
- Monitor, evaluate and review health and safety policy and practice, make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required
- Champion the implementation of ISO 14001 Environmental system by developing systems, procedures and relevant documentation
- Create and deliver annual HS&E plans that underpin the Company's H&S policy and demonstrate continuous improvement of HS&E standards in the business
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, environmental and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Advise on the implications of current and new legislation and monitor to ensure that positive steps are being taken to implement requirements
- Manage all health and safety administration, ensuring that adequate records are maintained in accordance with legislative requirements, policies, codes of practice and procedures
- Monitoring and reporting of incidents trends which are of major significance to service delivery
- Compliance with governing bodies, reporting, maintenance of records—RIDDOR, LOLER, PUWER, COSHH Organising training and refresher courses for FLT / PPE / First Aiders / Fire Marshals
- Organising management health and safety meetings — supporting documentation and action plans
- Regular workplace inspections to identify good practices and non-conformities and assist in the implementation of corrective actions
- Supporting incident investigations to aid collation of evidence to determine root causes and to provide recommendations to prevent re-occurrence and defend against possible personal injury claims
- Health surveillance and identify any corrective actions needed
- Provide and support in house training programs and communication sessions (e.g. manual handling, tool box talks)
- Communication with, accompanying and assisting HSE officials when applicable
- Development and maintenance of a health and safety management system
Manufacturing H&S background
Experience formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
Experience of implementing or how to implement ISO 14001
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.