£50 - £55 per hour, Benefits: 9 day working fortnight.
+44 (0)151 666 8918
6 months ago
- Delivering phases of testing for assigned projects.
- Undertaking test design, planning and execution as appropriate.
- Ensuring the delivered services are formally tested and signed off prior to implementation.
- Ensuring that testing is carried out to agreed corporate standards utilizing resources from third-party integrators and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from user departments as appropriate
- Responsible for the delivery of one or more concurrent test activities within the IT schedule of work or designated Solution Centre. Typically the engineer will be required to work alone, seeking guidance and assistance as necessary, but for larger elements of work may lead and work as part of a team
- Delivery timescales and quality goals will be agreed, to which the test analyst is expected to deliver at all times, taking action as appropriate to ensure that delivery or quality is not compromised
- Produce required documentation to support all phases of the system development process
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Write the detailed test plan, scripts and report
- Analyse a system to identify the test conditions and test scripts required to test the software item, meeting the requirements of the approach defined in the test plan
- Derive tests from requirements, design documents and user input and report on test coverage and traceability to the business requirements
- Analyse the risks present in the software item under test, and the creation of test material that reflects the mitigation of those risks
- Execute and record tests in accordance with the defined test process and the test plan/test schedule
- Ensure that test incidents are raised and documented in accordance with the agreed process
- Maintain the integrity of the test environment during test execution
- Arrange and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities appropriately for the project deliveries
- Develop their own technical skills and knowledge in line with the needs and requirements of the project and business
- Produce progress reports as directed
- Provide estimates with reasonable accuracy of the effort required to complete tasks assigned to them, and reporting on the status of those tasks
- Contribute to overall corporate test process improvement by participating in setting objectives to improve service, process, methods and efficiency
- ISTQB/ISEB Testing Foundation Certification
- Working knowledge of Computing and IS/IT trends and technologies.
- Familiar with writing test plans, scripts, completion reports, incident reports, and progress reports which must be written using clear and unambiguous language, using business centric or technical language as appropriate
- Takes a structured and effective approach to own work
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing with managers, customers and colleagues.
- Is flexible during times of change.
- Ability to effectively prioritise, understanding impact and risks.
- Reacts to planning changes in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Has the ability to promote the IT Services organisation
- Experience of working with third parties e.g. Developers, Customer Departments, Users
- Experience of assembling regression test packs that will endure the life of the system under test and the rationale behind their selection
- Experience of working with CAD tools, Oracle e-Business suite, COTS packages, Intranets and bespoke code developments
- Experienced in using tools for managing test execution and incidents (such as HP Quality Center)
- Is able to demonstrate an understanding of the technical knowledge required and is able to apply appropriately.
- Has experience of making informed technical judgements and decisions relevant to this role
- Experience in planning, estimating and controlling testing projects.
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.