£££comp, car, bens
+44 (0)151 666 8953
about 1 month ago
£££competitive, up to 30% bonus + car, excellent benefits
A rapidly expanding FMCG food / drink manufacturer is currently seeking a Head of Sales / Sales Director (depending on experience) as a new addition to the Senior Management Team. As an SME the Head of Sales / Sales Director will be involved at both the strategic level and hands on delivery of the retail accounts with the view to grow and develop a sales team.
The Head of Sales / Sales Director will be responsible for setting and executing the commercial strategy to ensure the site hits budgeted sales and profit targets and continues to increase its footfall winning business from key competitors in the category. The Head of Sales / Sales Director will ensure positive commercial relationships are maintained with the retail buyers and ensure the site delivers against its commercial KPIs.
The successful Head of Sales / Sales Director will have previous FMCG food manufacturing experience as well as recent top 4 retail exposure. You will have a passion and enthusiasm for sales and keen to take on a challenge in a difficult sector that will allow you to progress and develop as a sales professional.
Head of Sales / Sales Director responsibilities include:
• Actively and proactively develop and manage the sales pipeline
• Assume responsibility for meeting predefined strategic Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets, monitor and measure performance against targets.
• Creating and activating both short and longer term customer/channel strategy aligned to delivering the defined business strategies.
• Providing comprehensive analysis of the market and competitors
• Delivering effective pre and post evaluation of key commercial activities
• Strengthen and manage customer relationships at all appropriate levels, including overseeing all customer activities.
• Establish networks and relationships at senior level with key customers and decision makers to leverage best results
• Oversee the development, implementation and achievement of annual budgets.
• Develop and maintain an in depth understanding of all aspects of the business and retail accounts
• Day to day management of retail accounts
• Draw up account plans for each part of the business that are designed to deliver against company and retailer objectives and KPI’s.
• Understand and build knowledge of major competitors.
• Develop a good understanding of site manufacturing capabilities and processes to assess potential impacts of any initiatives suggested.
• Develop a sound understanding of the cost structure of products in order to ensure all opportunities to drive profitable sales are exploited.
• Identify opportunities to develop and grow the sales team
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.