Competitive based on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8999
7 months ago
Salary based on experience – competitive
Rotating Shifts (4 on 4 off - days & nights)
A fantastic opportunity to join a well established manufacturing business with over 50 years history specialising in the supply to Automotive tier 1 supply, Packaging, Engineering and Horticultural markets. They now have a workforce of over 200 and are looking for a Shift Team Leader to join the business at a time when they have multiple new and exciting installation and decommissioning projects for manufacturing lines and production machinery on site.
This role will join the recycling team on site, working on the supervision of 12-15 operatives on shift. If you have working in a manufacturing environment, managing shifts, or teams of operatives then this role might be well suited.
We are looking for a proven track record of leadership skills, and be able to motivate and drive their Team to achieve the required outputs. The ability to prioritise ever changing production demands, manage your resource effectively, whilst demonstrating a respect for company values and continuous improvement activities are essential.
Duties will include:-
- Meeting production requirements through the safe and effective use of your team, equipment and materials within agreed costs, timing and quality standards. Ensuring that Health, Safety & Quality standards are maintained at their highest level in line with Company policy
- Developing your Team to maximise skills, knowledge and flexibility
- Effective absence management, including return to work interviews and ensuring the T & A system is maintained
- Managing effective employee performance, including Probationary Reviews, Performance Reviews and undertaking formal action where required with the support of HR
- Identifying improvements to reduce waste and improve production efficiency & implementing post approval
- Leading departmental team meetings in a positive and creative manner, responding to staff suggestions and developing a positive attitude to the meetings.
- Working closely with the Maintenance department to ensure all machines are running to their full potential
- Ensuring housekeeping is carried out to standards set by 5S.
- Carrying out effective shift changeover communication routines
- Timely and effective reporting of required information
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.