£50000 - £60000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8903
7 months ago
As Soon As Possible
We are working with a market-leading consultancy who have an excellent presence both within the UK and internationally. They are active on many high-profile projects in a variety of industries including nuclear, defence and transport. A fantastic company to work for, they have clear career development plans and opportunities for upskilling.
Due to rapid growth and business development, they are now looking for a Cost Manager to join the infrastructure team in Manchester.
The Cost Manager will work out of city centre offices and duties will include:
- Writing procurement reports and carrying out feasibility studies
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Construction or infrastructure background in at least one of the following sectors: water, gas, power, rail, light rail/trams, highways, environmental, regulated industries.
- Knowledge of NEC3
- Degree in a relevant subject and be working towards/have full membership of a relevant professional body
We have a number of other opportunities for Cost Managers, Commercial Managers and Quantity Surveyors available currently if the above is not of interest, so please feel free to get in touch or recommend any one else who may be interested.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.