£55000 - £62000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8903
4 months ago
As Soon As Possible
Our client is a market leading, global consultancy who are active on many high-profile projects in a variety of industries including nuclear, defence and transport. They are a fantastic company to work for with clear career development plans and opportunities for upskilling. They are a growing business with a lot of international presence.
Due to this rapid growth and business development, they are now looking for a Senior Cost Manager to join the infrastructure team in Manchester.
The Senior Cost Manager will work out of city centre offices and duties will include:
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving our specialist Value Management team
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
The successful candidate will have:
- Construction or infrastructure background in at least one of the following sectors: water, gas, power, rail, light rail/trams, highways, environmental, regulated industries.
- Knowledge of NEC3
- Significant Quantity Surveying experience
- Degree in a relevant subject and be working towards/have full membership of a relevant professional body
We have a number of other opportunities for Cost Managers, Commercial Managers and Quantity Surveyors available currently if the above is not of interest, so please feel free to get in touch or recommend any one else who may be interested.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.