+44 (0)151 666 8999
8 months ago
£32,000- £42,000 – negotiable dependant on experience
Ely, Cambridge, King’s Lynn, Downham Market, Newmarket, Thetford, Bury St Edmunds, Norfolk
A multinational Pharmaceutical company is looking for a permanent Senior Microbiologist to join their UK headquarters in East Anglia. The Senior Microbiologist will be responsible for testing samples to support validation studies whilst also implementing improvements to assist in developing the team. The role will report into the Laboratory Manager.
Senior Microbiologist’s responsibilities include:
- Make detailed observations, documents results whilst performing data analysis
- Reviewing and approving data generated from testing and to bring this to the attention of the team manager as well as reviewing any trends and out of specification results
- Provide assistance to management in investigating out of specs and trend results for microbiological data
- Create / Revise SOPs, Laboratory records, logs and other related documents
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, improve protocols, processes and equipment
- Identify and develop corrective actions for out of compliance issues
- Perform microbiological validations as needed for products and processes
- Assist in reviewing the data and support timely product release
- Well versed with knowledge and understanding of current standards and methods pertaining to microbiology, sterility assurance, bioburdens, environmental monitoring, water testing, validations and other testing related to microbiology in drug and device industry.
A Scientific based degree with knowledge and experience of GMP. It would be advantageous to have a GMP background within the pharmaceutical industry. In addition experience as a Microbiologist for a minimum of 3-4 years.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.