£37000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
13 days ago
Reporting to the Factory Manager, you will need to understand the impact the facilities have on the running of the plant, to ensure the site runs at optimum capacity, through quality engineering, striving to ensure maximum uptime against minimum downtime.
Role Key Accountabilities
- Perform first line maintenance addressing all engineering issues irrespective of discipline, and ensure speedy and effective resolution of breakdowns and repairs.
- Provide a first point of contact, to all production staff, for all engineering issues.
- Liaise with appropriate levels of staff to ensure effective communication regarding the resolution of all problems and issues and ensure appropriate escalation steps are implemented
- Ensure that all facilities are fit for purpose and kept to appropriate Health and safety, Hygiene and Technical standards.
- Management of contractors to ensure their standard of work is acceptable and completed within agreed timescales.
- Effective Reporting to site managers with any actions or breakdowns ensuring information flows freely between all staff.
- Updating team with information as and when required.
- Maintaining a suitable and sufficient engineering spares store ensuring critical spares are available along with the planning of any parts needed for project work.
- 2 years minimum relevant experience in a similar environment at technician (multi-skilled) level.
- Time served apprenticeship, with appropriate mechanical and electrical capability.
- Understanding of PLC controlled equipment with capability of interrogating PLC ladder.
- Good general process and product knowledge.
- Appropriate Health and Safety level of training and experience.
- Understanding of the engineering team goals.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint conversant.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.