£75000 - £80000 per annum, Benefits: Car Allowance / Healthcare / Medical
+44 (0)151 666 8960
7 months ago
The ideal person must have major highways project experience with pre/ post-delivery and tender experience within major Highway projects.
The successful applicant will need to be flexible to travel to other offices/sites as required as the position will oversee current and future projects, as well as a heavy involvement in tenders and bid development and you will report directly to the Commercial Director.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Establishes and maintains a client focused environment
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with senior client stakeholders
- Identifies new/enhanced services which add value to the client service
- Influences market opinion both internally and externally
- Proactively takes strategic ideas and opportunities to key clients
- Owns operational and strategic plans to ensure commercial goals are achieved, risks defined and projects are on target
- Uses wide market knowledge to develop and improve business activities, ensuring they are aligned with client needs
- Leads the business development activities of their team and provides focus & guidance
- Engages and influences others to achieve strategic goals.
- Highly confident communicator at all levels of seniority within and outside the business.
- Influences internal and external senior managers and is recognised as a credible sounding board
Requirements to be considered:
- To be successful in the role you will have extensive experience at a Senior Projects or Commercial Director level.
- A strong background in the delivery of consultancy services
- Experience of leading cost management commissions for medium, large, sized construction projects of medium to high complexity.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- People management experience, particularly in the context of managing a cost management team delivering a project.
- You will be required to be the Lead for the account on a nationwide basis.
- Experienced within Pre and Post Contract delivery.
- Build and maintain Stakeholder relationships at Senior Management Level.
- Protect and extend the account through developing value add business opportunities.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.