+44 (0)151 666 8954
about 2 months ago
ASAP / Immediately
£22,000.00 to £24,000.00 + Benefits
FMCG Food Manufacturing
Cardiff, South Wales.
A large food manufacturing company with a site based in Cardiff is currently seeking a Junior Materials Scheduler to join their team on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role is to schedule delivery of appropriate quantities of raw materials and packaging to meet production requirements whilst maintaining target stock levels. The Junior Materials Scheduler will report in to the site Planning and Logistics Manager.
Key Accountabilities of Junior Materials Scheduler:
• Schedule delivery of materials in the short term to meet immediate production requirements.
• Scheduling raw materials and or dealing with shipping lines and containers.
• React to stock issues and short notice changes to production plans.
• Define and maintain stock holding parameters to provide economic purchasing and delivery profiles in the longer term.
• Expedite/delay orders as necessary following changes to forecast demand.
• Maintain accurate orders through reconciliation with suppliers.
• Authorise invoice payments and resolve invoice queries.
• Provide forecast demand to suppliers to ensure appropriate stock holding.
The successful applicant will have previous experience within a similar capacity with understanding of integrated planning software and materials requirements planning as well as inventory management experience. Any previous knowledge or experience of Production Planning would be advantageous and knowledge of SAP would be ideal but not essential.
Application via CV submission only.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.